Meet the Doctor
Sarah A. Shaw, O.D.
- Doctor of Optometry, Illinois College of Optometry
- Bachelors of Science in Biology, SUNY Geneseo
- Lockport High School
- Associate Optometrist, University Eye Specialists, PC
- Serving Western NY: Warsaw, Perry, Batavia, Lakeville and Dansville
- 2015 – 2019
- Associate Optometrist, Envision / Connecticut Vision Center
- Serving Southern Connecticut: East Haven and Madison
- 2014 – 2015
- Externship in Pediatrics/Vision Rehabilitation, Low Vision and Ocular Disease at Illinois Eye Institute, Chicago, IL
- Externship in Ocular Disease and Primary Eye Care at St. Albans VA Hospital, St. Albans, NY – 2013
- Externship in Ocular Disease and Primary Eye Care at Mid-Florida Eye Center, Mount Dora, FL – 2013
- Externship in Primary Eye Care and Contact Lenses at Davis Eye Associates, Winston-Salem, NC – 2013
About Dr. Shaw
Dr. Shaw was born and raised in Lockport, NY. She became interested in optometry and the eyes early in life, during science class in 7th grade at Emmet Belknap. Her childhood optometrist was Dr. Paul DeLange, the original owner of East Avenue Vision Center. Dr. DeLange allowed her to shadow him and continue to learn more about the career of optometry. Dr. Shaw pursued a pre-med, Biology major at SUNY Geneseo, with a minor in Art Studio. She then moved to Chicago to obtain her doctorate in optometry at the Illinois College of Optometry. She has been practicing optometry since 2013, through externships around the country, and then moving to Connecticut to pursue a career. Dr. Shaw headed back to the Western New York area in 2015, to work in a medically-based optometry/ophthalmology practice.
Dr. Shaw is pleased to now be serving Lockport and the surrounding communities. She has a passion for optometry and enjoys the one-on-one interaction involved with solving eye health and vision problems.
In her free time, she enjoys spending time with family and friends, playing tennis, traveling, and rooting for the Buffalo Bills and Sabres. She also loves her Cane Corso, Walter.
About Our Staff
The East Avenue Vision Center employs a well-trained staff focused on making the patient experience enjoyable yet professional. Our “veteran” staff collectively has almost 100 years of eye care experience. Our Employees work in three departments: Examination Services, Contact Lenses Services, and Optical Services. We are dedicated to servicing our patients with the highest quality of vision care. Preserving our patients visual health and meeting their visual needs is our highest priority.